[NatureNS] FW: Moose, etc. in Cumb Co

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:34:23 -0400
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,

--Boundary_(ID_zP2Rfp6TtjkCj6xHUCTMPg)

----------
From: Joan Czapalay <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 16:59:54 -0400
To: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Cc: Dave Harris <harrisda@gov.ns.ca>, Jane Mills <jampov@ns.sympatico.ca>,
Francis Spalding <fsecon@auracom.com>, Joan Czapalay
<joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Moose, etc. in Cumb Co

Hi Jim- Just back from Cumberland County . Would you be able to post this to
naturens for me? Thanks! Joan

Cumberland County south

Spent a beautiful weekend exploring nature in the Parrsboro/Port Greville
area.
The highlight of the trip was a good close look at a large bull Moose beside
the side road to Shulie Lake, yesterday at about 4pm. I hadn't seen one
there for several years. On the way in to the lake we saw a Spruce Grouse
female, and put up a large Owl sp near the lake. Saw a Robin and a few Blue
Jays on the Red River Road. Walking towards Partridge Island in Parrsboro,
we put up about 10 Horned Larks. The air was pleasant, and it was fun to
watch Michael Fuller and Brian Weaton paragliding at West Bay. (Unusual type
of birds- paragliders!) At my place in Port Greville, there is still a
Pileated Woodpecker hanging about  And we saw another near Maitland on the
way back to the city.

Everywhere the grass was green, and flowers noted in bloom were :
Tansy
Dandelion
Wild Mustard
Hawkweed ( I looked it up and think it was Hieracium umbellatum) near Noel
Chamomile
Brier Rose (at the Tim's in Parrsboro)

Cheers, Joan

--Boundary_(ID_zP2Rfp6TtjkCj6xHUCTMPg)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>FW: Moose, etc. in Cumb Co</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
----------<BR>
<B>From: </B>Joan Czapalay &lt;joancz@ns.sympatico.ca&gt;<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Sun, 12 Nov 2006 16:59:54 -0400<BR>
<B>To: </B>Jim Wolford &lt;jimwolford@eastlink.ca&gt;<BR>
<B>Cc: </B>Dave Harris &lt;harrisda@gov.ns.ca&gt;, Jane Mills &lt;jampov@ns.sympatico.ca&gt;, Francis Spalding &lt;fsecon@auracom.com&gt;, Joan Czapalay &lt;joancz@ns.sympatico.ca&gt;<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>Moose, etc. in Cumb Co<BR>
<BR>
Hi Jim- Just back from Cumberland County . Would you be able to post this to naturens for me? Thanks! Joan <BR>
<BR>
Cumberland County south <BR>
<BR>
Spent a beautiful weekend exploring nature in the Parrsboro/Port Greville area. <BR>
The highlight of the trip was a good close look at a large bull <B>Moose</B> beside the side road to Shulie Lake, yesterday at about 4pm. I hadn't seen one there for several years. On the way in to the lake we saw a Spruce Grouse female, and put up a large Owl sp near the lake. Saw a Robin and a few Blue Jays on the Red River Road. Walking towards Partridge Island in Parrsboro, we put up about 10 Horned Larks. The air was pleasant, and it was fun to watch Michael Fuller and Brian Weaton paragliding at West Bay. (Unusual type of birds- paragliders!) At my place in Port Greville, there is still a Pileated Woodpecker hanging about &nbsp;And we saw another near Maitland on the way back to the city. <BR>
<BR>
Everywhere the grass was green, and flowers noted in bloom were : <BR>
Tansy <BR>
Dandelion <BR>
Wild Mustard <BR>
Hawkweed ( I looked it up and think it was Hieracium umbellatum) near Noel <BR>
Chamomile <BR>
Brier Rose (at the Tim's in Parrsboro)<BR>
 <BR>
Cheers, Joan <BR>
 <BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_zP2Rfp6TtjkCj6xHUCTMPg)--