[NatureNS] billfish

From: "Terri Crane" <terri.crane@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:49:38 -0300

Hi Gang;
 I've noticed that this tends to almost be an annual, seasonal thread!

Because of their nature (habit/survival response) to leap from the water
when disturbed by noise (a passing boat), when being chased by a predator
(Tuna, Dolphin, or porpoise) OR their habit of leaping towards the lights
and aboard of a passing boat at night!

They are AKA and reported as "Skip-jacks"!

Tom K.
Canso