[NatureNS] Shorebirds Cherry Hill, Orange-crowned Warbler and others

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 02:51:04 +0000

I had a common grackle show up at my feeders today at Dublin Shore.  I had a
grand outing to Cherry Hill Beach today.  Very windy and cold, but there
were many bird species about.  A goodly movement of northern gannets was off
the beach, with birds moving the whole time I was there.  Shorebirds
consisted of semi-palmated sandpipers, semi-palmated plovers, sanderlings,
black-bellied plovers, greater yellowlegs, and pectoral sandpipers.  I also
had two snow buntings, horned larks and 55 American pippits.  There was also
one chipping sparrow present.

At Broad Cove there were three ruby-crowned kinglets and an orange-crowned
warbler.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

Experience Live Search from your PC or mobile device today.
http://www.live.com/?mkt=en-ca