[NatureNS] Odd Fly

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:40:23 -0300
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Angus & All,            Oct 19, 2006
    The antenna with arista and predominant development of the
mesothorax point without doubt to fly. I don't recognize it, but it
looks like a great model for learning fly parts.

    From guesswork, Syrpidae would be likely based of color pattern &
location. Thumbing through Nearctic Diptera, I see that many Syrpids
have eyes nearly as large in lateral view as the head and _Cheilosia
sialia_ has a bristle on the dorsum of the pedicel.
Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville