[NatureNS] Fw: Solitary Sandpiper, Northern Mockingbird, Dickcissel,

Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 18:37:19 -0300
From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_KzV2MJvE221ostczWN7hXA)

----- Original Message -----
From: Hans Toom
To: Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 6:36 PM
Subject: Solitary Sandpiper, Northern Mockingbird, Dickcissel, Baltimore Oriole, Great Egret, Indigo Bunting

I had a brief glance at the Dickcissel at our place in Portuguese Cove this morning but it would not pose.  I do have a blown up distant short from yesterday.  Laura and I proceeded to Sambro Bog after breakfast this morning and immediately found the Great Egret at Sambro Bog, two photos.  Thence we went to Sandy Cove Road where the Indigo Bunting posed after some encouragement, my best photos of the day, two posted. The bunting is on the right side of the road about four telephone poles from the crest of the hill as you head towards Sandy Cove's beach. At Sandy Cove's beach  itself we found a Solitary Sandpiper(one photo) in company, albeit briefly, with a Semipalmated Plover.  Then we went to Duncan's Cove and Spotted a Northern Mockingbird and a Baltimore Oriole.

Hans

http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/Highlights11.html
Hans Toom
Provincial Coordinator
Nova Scotia's Migration Count
e-mail: htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca
NSMC website: http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html
Nature website: http://hanstoom.com

--Boundary_(ID_KzV2MJvE221ostczWN7hXA)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A
title=Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca href="mailto:Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">Hans Toom</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=ns-rba@yahoogroups.com
href="mailto:Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com">Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, October 15, 2006 6:36 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Solitary Sandpiper, Northern Mockingbird, Dickcissel,
Baltimore Oriole, Great Egret, Indigo Bunting</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I had a brief glance at the Dickcissel at our place
in Portuguese Cove this morning but it would not pose.&nbsp; I do have a blown
up distant short from yesterday.&nbsp; Laura and I proceeded to Sambro Bog after
breakfast this morning and immediately found the Great Egret at Sambro Bog, two
photos.&nbsp; Thence we went to Sandy Cove Road where the Indigo Bunting posed
after some encouragement, my best photos of the day, two posted.&nbsp;The
bunting is on the right side of the road about four telephone poles from the
crest of the hill as you head towards Sandy Cove's beach.&nbsp;At Sandy Cove's
beach &nbsp;itself we found a Solitary Sandpiper(one photo)&nbsp;in company,
albeit briefly, with a Semipalmated Plover.&nbsp; Then we went to Duncan's Cove
and Spotted a Northern Mockingbird and a Baltimore Oriole.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hans</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><A
href="http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/Highlights11.html">http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/Highlights11.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial
Toom<BR>Provincial Coordinator<BR>Nova Scotia's Migration Count<BR>e-mail: <A
href="mailto:htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca</A><BR>NSMC website:
<A
href="http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html">http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html</A><BR>Nature
website: <A
href="http://hanstoom.com">http://hanstoom.com</A><BR>___________________________________________________</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_KzV2MJvE221ostczWN7hXA)--