[NatureNS] re:new photos / baby herring

Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 03:57:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul MacDonald <paulrita2001@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Bernard
Those look like Rainbow Smelts. Baby River Herring are
much smaller - Smelts do tend to travel in groups and
can be in either fresh or salt water.
We had a day in your area a month or so ago. I was
with a photographer for Outdoor Canada - the article
should appear in the winter sometime. We visited the
Red Bridge - put in a Float Tube there and explored
the area. A very interesting day - we caught bass at
the Red Bridge - seemed funny fishing in the middle of
the city but the fish didn't mind.
Thanks for all the good pictures
Paul

http://bernieb.smugmug.com/gallery/916397/9/54013553/Medium