FW: [NatureNS] Beached Whale

Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 11:53:54 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, Jon Percy <bofep@auracom.com>,

Thanks, John.  Today's Herald front section has two short articles on
whales: this dead 11-m., 40-tonne, female humpback that came to shore at
Phinney's Cove, nw. of Bridgetown -- Conway said there were no external
marks to indicate ship collision or entanglement, and a living beached small
pilot whale that was apparently rescued (pushed into deeper water) at
Tancook Island.

Cheers from Jim