[NatureNS] more on Angus' bumblebees

Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 14:39:57 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_MFqqBug/PQMkpzN7DkeBUA)

----------
From: Cory Sheffield <corysheffield@yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 10:08:40 -0400 (EDT)
To: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Subject: Re: FW: [NatureNS] Palmeter Woods

Hi Jim,

It certainly looks like Bombus ternarius....the most obvious of the orange
banded bumble bes in NS (possibly Canada).  The other option is B.
rufocinctus, which has very variable colour morphs throughout its range.

Cheers,
Cory

Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca> wrote:
 Cory, Can you help with identifying this bumblebee below?  I couldn't even
open the photo.  Thanks from Jim