[NatureNS] insecticides for insect collections

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 23:14:17 -0300

	I used to use benzene dichlorocide(I may have reversed these
names it has been so long I have thought about it!) (moth balls) in the Riker
mounts I used, but some time ago now, I read that it was quite carcinogenic
and was to be taken off the market, so I did not use it any more, but instead
aquired red cedar blocks which I put in the larger storage box in which the
Riker mounts were stored. I renew them once in a few years and have
found it effective. JET