[NatureNS] FW: re Monarchs, lots, at Barrington, Sandhills Park, and Port la Tour

Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:12:19 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_DeAgMRwlwHJDZXRw03C9XA)

Murray and others, Thanks for your updates on the migrant monarchs.  Every
time I see one now I think of that marvelous trip they all are undertaking,
all the way down to those 10.000-foot mountains in Mexico!  How I'd like to
visit them down there, and hopefully I will eventually do so.

Please keep us informed from time to time about how many monarchs you are
seeing during the entire autumn.  My memory tells me that once I heard from
Peter Smith about loads of migrating monarchs on Bon Portage Island in
mid-November!, many years ago.  I must try to find that small piece of paper
in my thick file folder on monarchs.

Thanks, too, for Ian McLaren's note about the monarchs being in bumper-crop
numbers this year in Quebec and Ontario.  I remember in 1997 that our large
numbers of monarchs were mirrored out west in Saskatchewan, and also in
southern Ontario.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville