[NatureNS] mosquito like insect/Crane Fly poem

Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:47:35 -0300
From: Brian Bartlett <bbartlett@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Thanks to Jeannie for the Crane-Fly photo. In what could be called a
marvellous coincidence, in a few hours I'll be teaching Ted Hughes's poem "A
Crane-Fly in September," as far as I know the greatest of crane-fly poems
(though the Japanese poet Issa apparently wrote over 1000 haiku on insects,
so who knows, he may have one too, if Crane-Flies are found in Japan). Here
is a link to the Hughes poem....
http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/1306.html

Brian