[NatureNS] Young Naturalists Club

Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 14:41:54 -0300
From: Joan Czapalay <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: HFNexec@chebucto.ca, karenmckendry@wildmail.com

--Boundary_(ID_7PIZ8K4g1k354g3xMHgWlA)

Congratulations, Karen! My grandchildren are in athletic activities
every Sat. morning and some afternoons, so I did not attend. I do have
some free materials (magazines and booklets) from Nature Canada which I
shall try to get to you before the next meeting. I'll be happy to help
on weekends when I am around. Cheers, Joan

Brian Bartlett wrote:

> Just a brief note to say that this morning's first full-fledged
> meeting of the Young Naturalists Club at the Museum of Natural History
> in Halifax was a giant success -- 60 people present, about 36 kids and
> 24 adults/parents. No shortage of questions, answers, reports,
> comments, and anecdotes from the young ones. Two talks, one on marine
> mammals and the other on coastal life, were lively and much
> appreciated and well-attuned with their audience. Here's hoping next
> Sunday's field trip to Rainbow Haven at low-tide will be just as
> satisfying. Thanks to Karen McKendry above all for making this dream
> come alive.Brian (father of Joshua)

> 9/15/2006

--Boundary_(ID_7PIZ8K4g1k354g3xMHgWlA)

Congratulations, Karen! My grandchildren are in athletic activities every
Sat. morning and some afternoons, so I did not attend. I do have some free
materials (magazines and booklets) from Nature Canada which I shall try
to get to you before the next meeting. I'll be happy to help on weekends
when I am around. Cheers, Joan
a brief note to say that this morning's first full-fledged meeting of the
Young Naturalists Club at the Museum of Natural History in Halifax was
a giant success -- 60 people present, about 36 kids and 24 adults/parents.
No shortage of questions, answers, reports, comments, and anecdotes from
the young ones. Two talks, one on marine mammals and the other on coastal
life, were lively and much appreciated and well-attuned with their audience.
Here's hoping next Sunday's field trip to Rainbow Haven at low-tide will
be just as satisfying. Thanks to Karen McKendry above all for making this
of Joshua)</font></font>
<pre WRAP>
<hr WIDTH="90%" SIZE=4>No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.

--Boundary_(ID_7PIZ8K4g1k354g3xMHgWlA)--