[NatureNS] FW: re whimbrels, golden plover, other shorebirds, merlin & peregrine,

Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:29:21 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

I'll bet it's not coincidental that the merlin and peregrine came directly
out of the sun before Ulli noticed them!  Crafty strategy for hunting from
raptors that really are good at what they do, even if they miss a lot!

When we read about success rates for hunting falcons or other raptors, I
always wonder how often supposedly hunting birds of prey are just playing
around and not really serious?

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville