[NatureNS] Life list question

From: Patrick Kelly <patrick.kelly@dal.ca>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 21:45:24 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br clear=all&gt;&lt;hr&gt;Get  <a href="http:

--Apple-Mail-29-868782154
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

It does seem like an interesting program, but, alas there is no Mac
version ;-) My oldest son actually found one that has both Mac and
Windows versions, and is produced right here in Canada.

http://homepage.mac.com/wings_4d/index.html

Avisys does not include Wings in its comparisons with other systems,
but it may by that Wings is not one of the most popular pieces of
software in this area. While my database is quite simple at this point,
and does not have many fields, I will stick with Appleworks for the
time being. Still. Wings does have a free 30-day trial version so if I
ever get some free time....

Pat

On Sep 4, 2006, at 5:18 PM, Blake Maybank wrote:

> At 03:21 PM 04/09/2006, Patrick wrote:
>> For those of you who  keep lists, if you have seen both birds how
>> have you recorded them?
>
> I use Avisys to keep track of my sightings, and it also has all the
> various subspecies in its database, and this information can be easily
> added to any particular record.   But the overall database of your
> "lifelist" will still only show one species, the Barn Swallow.   But
> you never know, the species might be split one day.
>
> Regardless, I heartily recommend Avisys for keeping track of your bird
> (and butterfly, dragonfly, mammal, and herptile) sightings.   The web
> site is:
>
> http://avisys.net/
>
> Cheers,

> ------
> Blake Maybank
> Editor, "Nova Scotia Birds"
>
> author, "Birding Sites of Nova Scotia"
> http://maybank.tripod.com/BSNS.htm
>
> 144 Bayview Drive
> White's Lake, Nova Scotia,
> B3T 1Z1, Canada
>
> maybank@ns.sympatico.ca
> (902) 852-2077
>
> --
> 01/09/2006

==
Patrick Kelly
Director of Computer Facilities
==
Faculty of Architecture and Planning
Dalhousie University
==
PO Box 1000 Stn Central                5410 Spring Garden Road
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4           Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4
Canada                                 Canada
==
Phone:(902) 494-3294    FAX:(902) 423-6672   E-mail:patrick.kelly@dal.ca
==

--Apple-Mail-29-868782154

It does seem like an interesting program, but, alas there is no Mac
version ;-) My oldest son actually found one that has both Mac and
Windows versions, and is produced right here in Canada.

http://homepage.mac.com/wings_4d/index.html

Avisys does not include Wings in its comparisons with other systems,
but it may by that Wings is not one of the most popular pieces of
software in this area. While my database is quite simple at this
point, and does not have many fields, I will stick with Appleworks for
the time being. Still. Wings does have a free 30-day trial version so
if I ever get some free time....

Pat

<excerpt>For those of you who  keep lists, if you have seen both birds
how have you recorded them?

</excerpt>

[...]

</fontfamily>

--Apple-Mail-29-868782154--