[NatureNS] Some interesting leps for Aug 30th

From: "d.bridgehouse" <d.bridgehouse@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NATURENS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 19:23:53 -0300

Yesterday at Belmont, Colchester Co. nr the Chiganois River I encountered
some interesting end of Aug butterflies.

Milberts Tortoise Shell
Least Skipper ( usual flite time July 1-17 ) but we now know it is double
brooded
Tawny Edged Skipper (usual flight time June 17 - July 23 ) usually single
brooded and this one was very fresh -so perhaps a partial second brood due
to weather
Common Branded Skipper
Northern Crescent (usual flight time June 12- Aug 11) these were fresh
Viceroy
Common Ringlet
Cabbage White 50+
Clouded Sulphur 50+

	A good variety considering the cloudy and cool weather yesterday . The temp
at 11 am was 18 deg C.

	DB