[NatureNS] re c. mergansers atr Mahone Bay

Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 11:00:28 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

James wrote today:

"The 23 common mergansers that hang near the mouth of the Mush-A-Mush River
were present."

This must be the same large flock, perhaps 2 families together, that we have
seen just opposite the Innlet Cafe of Mahone Bay, over the past week,
including yesterday.  Several days ago I got a good count twice of 25.  They
are difficult to count since often some are diving, and it was comical to
watch them running fast along the surface and then diving, probably chasing
schooling small fishes.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville