[NatureNS] Birds East Berlin and area

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:50:15 +0000

Dorothy Poole, Collier Durovic (a 12 year old birder from North Carolina)
and I took a run through West Berlin and East Berlin today.  We had two nice
groups of migrants.  The first group contained two chestnut-sided warblers,
a northern parula, at least six magnolia warblers, five common
yellowthroats, and three yellow warblers, black-capped chickadees and some
other species.  The second group was far larger with enough warblers that it
was hard to determine exact numbers.  There were at least three common
yellowthroats, two blue-headed vireos, a chestnut-sided warbler, two
northern parulas, at least six magnolia warblers, two blackburnian warblers,
four black-throated green warblers, a yellow-rumped warbler, black-capped
chickadees, a pine siskin, three red-breasted nuthatches, cedar waxwings,
golden-crowned kinglets and I know that I missed some of what was seen.

Also of note large numbers of Double-crested cormorants.  There were 170 off
of Andrew's Head and I saw another 62 in the vacinity.

James R. Hirtle
Lunenburg