[NatureNS] Couple of ID's please

From: "David&Jane Schlosberg" <dschlosb-g@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 10:42:00 -0300

Jeannie, hi.  My guess for your tree is "nannyberry" (viburnum lentago) or
"northern wild raisin" (v. cassinoides).  I can't see if the leafstalks are
winged, which they are on both these species.  Lentago has two bud scales.
Cassinoides has shorter leaf tips and the leaves aren't always toothed.
Fruit of the wild raisin are pretty good to eat.
Jane