[NatureNS] question about house sparrows, unidentified caterpillar, and 3 swifts in Wolfville

From: <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:24:10 -0300

House sparrows used to be one of our most common birds - I haven't seen one
now for a couple of years.
Speaking of the birds looking sick - about twenty or thirty years ago I
stopped  at a fast food place in Truro. We ate outdoors with the kids and a
few sparrows joined us looking for potato chips. They looked rather sick,
which is when I first started wondering if fast foods were good for people.
What birds - and people - eat is important.

Roland.