[NatureNS] Migration, Young Birds and other stuff

Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 17:16:34 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: "Patricia L. Chalmers" <Patricia.Chalmers@ukings.ns.ca>

size=2&gt;htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/A&gt;&lt;BR&gt;&lt;FONT face=Arial size=2&gt;NSM
--=====================_115001656==_.ALT

Hi there,

         Just to add to Hans's comment, I saw a report recently from the
Delta Marsh observatory in Winnipeg which estimated that fall migration was
nearly two weeks ahead of usual.  Nice to hear though that there are still
lots of young birds around to atlas!

         Cheers,

         Patricia L. Chalmers
         Halifax

At 04:28 PM 04/08/2006 -0300, Hans Toom wrote:
>The first of August is the beginning of our three month migration period
>with the early warblers leading the exodus.  Since many birds arrived one
>to two weeks early this year they may well leave early as well.  Others
>undeterred by early arrival may linger well into the fall possibly using
>the angle of the sun as their guide.  August is also a good time to view
>young birds.
>
>Some reports from other parts of Canada indicate that the migration is
>early and well underway.
>
>Hans
>
><http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/Highlight80.html>http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/Highlight80.html
>Hans Toom
>Provincial Coordinator
>Nova Scotia's Migration Count
>e-mail: <mailto:htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca
>NSMC website:
><http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html>http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html
>Nature website: <http://hanstoom.com>http://hanstoom.com

--=====================_115001656==_.ALT

Hi there,<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Just to
add to Hans's comment, I saw a report recently from the Delta Marsh
observatory in Winnipeg which estimated that fall migration was nearly
two weeks ahead of usual.&nbsp; Nice to hear though that there are still
lots of young birds around to atlas!<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Cheers,<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Patricia
L. Chalmers<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Halifax<br><br>
At 04:28 PM 04/08/2006 -0300, Hans Toom wrote:<br>
of August is the beginning of our three month migration period with the
early warblers leading the exodus.&nbsp; Since many birds arrived one to
two weeks early this year they may well leave early as well.&nbsp; Others
undeterred by early arrival may linger well into the fall possibly using
the angle of the sun as their guide.&nbsp; August is also a good time to
view young birds.</font><br>
...<br>
&nbsp;<br>
indicate that the migration is early and well underway.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Hans Toom<br>
Provincial Coordinator<br>